The Seabright Swimmer
The Seabright Swimmer is a one piece swimsuit pattern that can be made with or without sleeves. It features a plunging neckline with gathering at the shoulder and waist. The instructions include a tutorial for adding a lace up neckline closure for added modesty. The sleeves let you look and feel glam while providing a bit of added sun protection!
- Sizes XS - 4X included in pattern
5/8” seam allowance included
Intermediate level sewing
Designed for 4 way knit fabrics with at least 50% stretch.
You will need a fabric with 4 way stretch and at least 50% crosswise stretch. Keep in mind that your suit will be stretching both around your body and down it, so if your fabric doesn’t have 4 way stretch the it wont fit correctly. If you are making this as a swimsuit, you will need swim lycra. If you are making this as a body suit, any knit will do as long as it meets stretch requirements. You can use the same fabric for the outer fabric and lining or get separate lining fabric.
- 4 yards ¼” wide elastic
- Stretch sewing machine needle
- A tool for marking. A disappearing or wash away marking pen is ideal, but we won’t be marking anywhere that will show on the final suit, so a regular marker or pen will do in a pinch!
- Swimsuit fabric
- Swimsuit lining
- Thread (polyester thread is good for sewing with knits because it has some give) Optional:
- 2, 3/4” D-Rings for an optional lace up front closure.
- Soft foam cups. Sizing up in foam cups is recommended for this suit.
- Hand sewing needle (for sewing in cups)
More Friday Pattern Company
More Sewing Patterns