Tencel Gingham Sky
This is a beautifully versatile cloth that works for so many of our patterns, it has a soft fluid drape with a slight texture. This gingham is sky blue and white. Suitable for dresses, tops, loose fitting trousers.
- 100% Tencel
- Approximate width: 54" (139cm)
- Weight: 167gsm / 4.95oz
- Wash cool on a delicate cycle with non-bio detergent and a gentle spin
- Submerge fabric in water before putting in the drum
- Do not tumble. Shake out and dry flat.
- The surface texture of Tencel will go more chalky and less sheeny once washed and lived in
- Never dry linen in direct sunlight as the color can bleach and fade
More about Tencel:
Tencel is a cellulose fibre, which like rayon is made by dissolving wood pulp. It is durable, resistant to wrinkles and has the silkiest drape to handle.
It has excellent natural breathability with 50% greater moisture absorption than cotton. Making it a good choice for those with sensitive skin. It is also anti- bacterial and thermoregulating.
The process of Tencel production ameliorates much of its own environmental effects. Like cotton, Tencel is made from plant materials. However, manufacturing Tencel requires less energy and water than cotton. The solvents used to turn the wood pulp into fibre are contained in a closed loop system, with a quoted recovery rate of 99%. As a naturally derived fibre, Tencel is also biodegradable.
Although it is dyed conventionally (which can be harmful to the environment), Tencel requires a lot less dye than cotton. The manufacturers are actively striving towards greener, cleaner and more efficient production and are currently investing in new, renewable energy sources.
More Merchant & Mills : Fabrics-Patterns -Notions - Scissors + Snips
More Fabrics - more Sustainable Fabrics