Tee Quilt -meets twice
gather here Class
Carolyn Friedlander has reinvented the t-shirt quilt! As per Carolyn's own description, "For quilters, learning to conquer sewing an inset circle like this can be a helpful step in conquering inset sleeves. For garment sewers, this works in reverse–your familiarity with sewing in a sleeve will make sewing in this curve feel like you’re still doing the same thing, but in this case you’re working toward a flat result instead of the 3-d sleeve cap. Adding a new twist to something that you’re already familiar with is a perfect way to expand your skills."
We will be making version B, which features gentle curves and is throw-sized (finishes at 42 x 58 inches)
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: you are an intermediate quilter or garment stitcher.
- We provide: the expertise! Tools, thread, machines.
- You bring: yourself, a copy of the patter (available in the store), total of 1 1/4 yards knit fabric for the curves, total of 2 yards of background knit fabric, 1/2 yard of quilting cotton or lawn for the binding, 2 3/4 quilting cotton or lawn for the backing, and 2 yards of batting at the 60 inch width.
- Class length: 3 hours each session
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.