Shetland Wool Week KAL - 2 sessions
Shetland Wool Week is a world renowned celebration of Britain’s most northerly native sheep, the Shetland textile industry and the rural farming community on these islands. This year the festival runs September 24 through October 2 and we thought casting on the 2022 Fair Isle hat would be a lovely way to celebrate. The official 2022 Shetland Wool Week knitting pattern the ‘Bonnie Isle Hat’ has been exclusively designed by Linda Shearer and is free but donations are requested. (We are asking this year if you might be willing to make a voluntary donation in support of the event. Shetland Wool Week is run by a small charity, the Shetland Amenity Trust, and like so many others we are facing challenging and uncertain times. Any support – large or small – is gratefully received and will help us to secure the future of an event which is so important to Shetland and its visitors.)
Limited to 6 students (16 yrs of age or older)
- Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off.)
- We provide: moral support, stranded colorwork tips & tricks, and great company
- You bring: This KAL is free if you purchase your yarn in-store. Designed for Shetland Wood, we've bundled the various suggested colorways in Jamieson's of Shetland Spindrift. Download a copy of the pattern directly from Shetland Wool Week! US 2 and 3 16” circular needles, or size to obtain gauge and US 3 DPN (or use the magic loop method).
- Class length: 2 hours each session
Sessions run on Saturday, September 24 and October 1.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.