Sewing - Hosta Sweater
Hosta is a drop sleeve, easy-going, every day top. It’s simple enough to make in an afternoon, and cozy enough to wear every day. Three versions--a boxy tee, a long sleeve sweatshirt, and a funnel neck top--means that there is a Hosta for any season. This beginner friendly pattern is a great introduction to working with stretch fabrics. Mix and match the sleeves and neckline for even more variations! We’ll be using a serger in this class.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate Stitcher - you must have experience using a serger. Serger Basics or permission from the instructor is required. This is NOT your first garment, PJ Pants or the equivalent.
- We provide: The studio space, pattern paper, tools, machines, and expertise.
- You bring: a copy of the paper pattern (this pattern will be available in the store by December - it is currently a pre-sale item), fabric you love (light to heavy weight knit fabric with 30% stretch - not sure if your fabric is stretchy enough? Ask a craft associate!). For View C or your version using a Funnel Neck you’ll want a heavier knit with structure for the neck to stand - we recommend a ponte. If your fabric does not have 30% stretch you will want a coordinating rib knit for the neckband of View A & B. You do not need to purchase thread for this class because we will be using Maxilock cones on our sergers; we offer 15% off materials purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 3 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**