gather here classes
School of Sewing II - meets 6 times
For those of you that have taken the first 6 weeks of this workshop here's the final round . Now we'll focus on becoming comfortable sewing everything from zippers to buttonholes. You'll also gain more practice accurately cutting fabric.
Limited to 6 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
Projects & Materials: (we offer 15% off materials purchased for any of our classes.)
- Session 1 (first meeting: 2/14) Tech case (kit available in store)
- Session 2 Essential tote: 2/3 yard exterior fabric, 2/3 yard lining fabric, 1/4-1/2 yard for straps (depends on length), 2/3 yard Thermolam, two fat quarters for pockets, and a 10" all purpose zipper
- Session 3 Finish the Essential tote
- Session 4 fabric for the size quilt you would like to make (we recommend a baby or throw size quilt so you can finish this project)
- Session 5 Complete first quilt
- Session 6 Placemats (kits available in store)
You will need to bring your copy of the book.
- Level: Beginner. You know everything from the first half of the book and you've been practicing!
- We provide: the studio space, tools, machines and expertise.
- You bring: A copy of the School of Sewing and supplies for each project; we offer 15% off materials purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours
- Instructor: may vary depending on the content
- Cost: $250 for 6 sessions