Rae Skirt- Intensive
Perfect for the beginner garment stitcher.
For practice with sewing and finishing seams, there are vertical seams along the front, back, and sides of the skirt. This creates a better fit and more flattering silhouette than a rectangle-shaped elastic skirt. The casing is cut as an extension of the skirt, so it's easy to sew. View A is an above the knee skirt with a slightly full silhouette. View B is the same length as A but with more fullness, and View C is a knee-length version of view B.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous beginner. You know how to thread a machine, sew a straight line and wind a bobbin. You've taken sewing basics and perhaps have made some pj pants.
- We provide: The studio space, tracing paper, tools and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love and a copy of the pattern (also available in the store)!
- Suggested fabrics: wool suiting, light-weight denim, chambray, rayon, double gauze, or a fun light-weight cotton print! Your fabric amount is totally dependent on your size (see pattern for details)
- coordinating thread, 1 yard of 1" wide non-roll elastic.
- Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials for any of our classes!
- Class length: Intensive one session that meets for 5 hours.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**