Rae Skirt- next session
gather here Class
Perfect for the beginner garment stitcher.
For practice with sewing and finishing seams, there are vertical seams along the front, back, and sides of the skirt. This creates a better fit and more flattering silhouette than a rectangle-shaped elastic skirt. The casing is cut as an extension of the skirt, so it's easy to sew. View A is an above the knee skirt with a slightly full silhouette. View B is the same length as A but with more fullness, and View C is a knee-length version of view B.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous beginner. You know how to thread a machine, sew a straight line and wind a bobbin. You've taken sewing basics and perhaps have made some pj pants.
- We provide: The studio space, tracing paper, tools and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love and a copy of the pattern (also available in the store)!
- Suggested fabrics: wool suiting, light-weight denim, chambray, rayon, double gauze, or a fun light-weight cotton print! Your fabric amount is totally dependent on your size (see pattern for details)
- coordinating thread, 1 yard of 1" wide non-roll elastic.
- Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials for any of our classes!
- Class length: 2 1/2 per session for a total of 5 hours.
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.