You know how to sew a square. You have even made a couple of throw pillows. But do you know how to make piping? And make rounded corners? Well, this class is for you! You'll learn to cut and sew your own piping. Pipe your pillow front, make an envelope closure back, and put it all together! AND this makes a pretty sweet last minute gift for a host/hostess/sister/brother/mother/father/bestie...
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You know how to thread a machine, sew a straight line and wind a bobbin. Perhaps you’ve made a tote bag and the handles are still attached.
- We provide: pattern, studio space (sewing machines & serger) & plenty of expertise!
- You bring: yourself and a 1/2 yard of fabric for the front and back or you may use a fat quarter of 2 different fabrics, 2 yards of piping, and 1/2 yard of contrasting fabric for the piping and envelope binding; we offer 15% off materials purchased for any of our classes.
- You will be making a 16"X16" removable pillow cover - if you don't own a pillow form they are available in the shop. If you own an 18" X 18" that you'd like to cover, please purchase 2/3 yard of fabric and let the instructor know in class!
- Class length: 3 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**