Patchwork Tree Skirt- next session
gather here Class
Skirting around the Tree
You don't own a tree skirt? Wait, you simply wrap a sheet around the base of your tree? Put your sewing skills to good use and join Maritza, our quilting genius, for yet another creative project. Maritza's design is a fun, modern tree skirt that is easy to make and will go with almost every decor. AND this is a "quilt-as-you-go" project! If you haven't learned this technique, you should.
1/2 yard cuts of non-directional fabrics or 5/8 yard cuts of vertical directional fabric (you decide how many prints you want)
1/2 yard of a solid background fabric
2 yards extra wide fabric for the backing
2 yards of 90" wide batting (low loft batting is perfect for this)
1/2 yard of fabric for the binding
Limited to 4 students(16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Easy Intermediate. You know how to thread a machine, sew a straight line and wind a bobbin. Perhaps you’ve made a mug rug and enjoyed a few snacks on it!
- We provide: The pattern, the studio space, tools and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love! See the list above for specific yardage. Don't forget that we offer 15% off all supplies for any of our classes!
- Class length: 3 hours each session for a total of 6 hours.
- Instructor: Maritza Soto
You can register here
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.