gather here classes
Owl Sweater- next session
Using Kate Davies's incredibly popular OWLS pattern we'll spend session one getting gauge and determining the size of your sweater. We'll cast on and you'll be knitting for a few weeks to get to the owl portion of the sweater. Keep in mind we're working from the bottom up! If you've never knit cables, don't worry, that's the point of this class so don't shy away from making a lovely, well-fitting sweater that has a bit of whimsy. Anthropologie has nothing on you.
Limited to 5 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You can cast on, knit, purl and bind off, and aren't afraid of directions like "K2tog, SSK".
- We provide: Measuring tapes, measurement charts, and the expertise.
- You bring: Yourself, a copy of the pattern (available in the store or on Ravelry), appropriate yarn and needles per the pattern (a chunky yarn is best - we love this sweater in Quince and C's Osprey but think it would be equally awesome in Spud & Chloe's Outer or EcoWool); we offer 15% off all supplies for our classes. Please wear fitted clothing to the first class so we can take accurate measurements.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours – meets thrice on October 24th, November 14th, and December 5th.
- Instructor:Greeley O'Connor