Traditional Oilskin Hunter Brown Tartan
A classic oilskin tartan in tones of brown with a Silkwax finish. The Silkwax has a soft, slightly damp and oily handle with a matt appearance. Please note this oilskin is very waxy, but will become less so over time.
This fabric is water resistant, so this means that the water doesn’t completely run off it, but it won’t come through to the other side either.
- 100% BCI Cotton Oilskin
- Approximate width: 59" (150 cm)
- 295 gsm / 8.7 oz yd2
- Made in the UK
- Do not iron, just finger press.
- Not washable but can be spot cleaned & re-waxed.
- Do not use any interfacing with this type of oilskin.
- Merchant & Mills recommend sewing with a denim needle and 100% poly thread.
It has a firm handle this fabric will give a distressed worn appearance when handled giving it a fast-tracked unique vintage aesthetic.
For lining use a barrier lining, or duck canvas.
Please note that all oilskins and waxed canvases are sent folded.
More Merchant & Mills : Fabrics-Patterns -Notions - Scissors + Snips
More Waxed Canvas Fabrics - More Canvas Fabrics - more Cotton Fabrics - more Sustainable Fabrics