Organic Traditional Oilskin Antique
The real thing – best quality traditional oilskin made in the UK, finished to age and wear beautifully.
Ideal for bags, accessories and all M&M coat patterns; (an outdoor) Top 64, Ottoline, Landgate and TN31 Parka.
- 100% Organic Cotton Oilskin
- Approximate width: 60" (154 cm)
- 405 gsm / 11.94 oz yd2
- Made in the UK
- Do not iron, just finger press.
- Not washable but can be spot cleaned & re-waxed.
- Do not use any interfacing with this type of oilskin.
- Merchant & Mills recommend sewing with a denim needle and 100% poly thread.
GOTs certified organic cotton and finished with a traditional wax. It has a dry wax finish. Not washable but can be re-oiled.
A blend of oils and petroleum-based waxes are used. This solution is impregnated into the fibre and saturates the cloth, so the performance relies on a traditional wax/water resist application.
It has a firm handle this fabric will give a distressed worn appearance when handled giving it a fast-tracked unique vintage aesthetic.
For lining use a barrier lining, or duck canvas.
Please note that all oilskins and waxed canvases are sent folded.
More Merchant & Mills : Fabrics-Patterns -Notions - Scissors + Snips
More Waxed Canvas Fabrics - More Canvas Fabrics - more Cotton Fabrics - more Sustainable Fabrics