Olivia Tencel / Linen
This is beautifully versatile cloth that works for so many patterns, it has a soft fluid drape with a matte finish. The small amount of linen gives the fabric more body and a slightly slubby finish. It also makes it easier to work with!
Suitable for dresses, tops, trousers and even lightweight jackets. This cloth is suitable for the following patterns in the Merchant & Mills Workbook: Bantam, Heron, Strides, Curlew and Saltmarsh.
- 85% Tencel / 15% Linen
- Approximate width: 60"
- Weight: 203gsm / 6 oz
- There is 6% shrinkage with the first wash.
- Wash cool on a delicates cycle with non-bio detergent and a gentle spin
- Submerge fabric in water before putting in the drum
- Do not tumble
- Once garment is made, wash inside out
- Shake out and dry flat
- The surface texture of Tencel will go more chalky and less sheeny once washed and lived in
Tencel is made from wood pulp that’s harvested from tree farms that are sustainably managed and traceable. The fiber production itself is more eco-friendly than cotton production due to its’ closed-loop process. This means that up to 99% of the water and solvents used are recycled and reused.
More Merchant & Mills : Fabrics - Patterns - Notions - Scissors + Snips
More Linen Fabrics - more Sustainable Fabrics