gather here classes
Melody Hoffman Knitting
We will be making a swatch from cast on to bind off to practice the techniques that Melody has utilized in several of her designs. Melody is also bringing samples of her designs so you can see the completed pieces with those techniques.
• A provisional cast on with a crochet hook (featured in Iris and Myst shawl)
• slipped stitches (featured in Lucky charm and Little twigs sweater)
• lateral braid (featured in Homestead, Honey Plum, and Plume)
• picot bind off (featured in Hollows and Honey Plume).
Limited to 10 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: intermediate, you are comfortable with knitting and purling.
- We provide: guest artist, Melody Hoffman @bmandarines ! Handouts illustrating the techniques covered in the workshop, and samples of Melody’s designs.
- You bring: yourself! DK weight yarn, corresponding needles (we recommend having a range of needles), and a crochet hook. Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials purchased for one of our classes!
- Class length: approximately 3 hours
- Please note: There are NO store credits given at any time for classes with special guest instructors and artists. Your seat may be transferred to a friend if you cannot attend.