March Year of Hats KAL
gather here Class
Remember the Year of Mittens? Well, it’s time for hats! And we want to help you explore all kinds of knitting techniques by hosting a Year of Hats KAL all year long. Let's knit the February Hat (yeah, we know we are knitting it in March) but funny enough, Kelbourne Woolens is releasing their hat patterns on class launch day! The second design is the February Hat by Kelbourne Woolen’s
Kate Gagnon Osborn. The February Hat features nubbly textured stitches, a provisional cast-on, fold over brim, a pom pom, and a custom leather tag for a finishing touch. If you are comfortable with the provisional cast-on, feel free to start your ribbing prior to our meeting so we can work on the good stuff.Because we want maximum participation we are having a little contest. Join us for all 12 KAL’s, complete all 12 hats, and you will WIN a sweater’s worth of Kelbourne Woolen’s Germantown in the color way of your choice! Plus other cool stuff. What? You don’t need 12 hats? Well there are lots of people that could use a winter hat in these chilly times in New England. So make that hat and we’ll make sure it goes to someone in need.
Limited to 6 students (17 yrs of age or older)
- Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off.)
- We provide: moral support and great company
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (it’s a free download on Ravelry) and your worsted weight yarn (designed for Germantown!), 16” circular needles in US6 and 7 plus US7 DPN’s for finishing, stitch markers, and cable needles (if you use them). Don’t forget that we always offer 15% off class supplies!
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.