Knit Stockings- next session
gather here Class
Ysolda's Last Minute Stockings (magic loop style)
It's never too early to cast on. Have you heard of Christmas in July? It really means start preparing for Christmas in July!
You will learn how to knit a VERY LARGE SOCK and do a little color work! This knits up quickly using aran weight yarn. Starting from the toe up you'll work in the round, diverging a bit from Ysolda's pattern you'll be using the magic loop method to knit this stocking. We've decided to offer this class in three sections so you have plenty of reasons to stay on target to finish in time for Santa's arrival! And once you've started one, you might as well cast on the 2nd one!
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: easy intermediate
- We provide: the pattern and the expertise
- You bring: yourself, size 10 circular needles (40" length) and 175 yards of aran weight yarn. You'll want at least 150 yards of the main color and 25 yards of the contrast color for the 2 tree stocking. If you want to make the snowflake version with contrast heel, 125 yards of the main color and 50 yards of the contrast color ought to do it! For a slightly smaller stocking you could use worsted weight wool, size 7-8 circulars. Don't forget that we offer 15% off supplies purchased for class.
- Class length: Meets 3 times. 3 hours each session for a total of 9 hours.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.