Knitting Guernsey Triangle KAL - meets twice
As featured in one of our Instagram stories this shawl combines classic knit-purl patterning (quoting Guernsey sweaters traditionally worn by Fishermen in the northern European Isles) with a more modern, wearable shape. Designed by Jared Flood, there are two sizes have been provided: the small version – a wool kerchief – can be easily worn alone over a shirt or blouse, or layered outerwear; the large shawl version may be comfortably wrapped around the shoulders or gathered around the neck for a look with more volume.
We’ll cast on together and get the hang of things and in two weeks we can virtually meet up and check our progress!
(Yes, yes we know that this was our KAL in January so if you haven't finished you can just join in and chat and share your progress!)
Limited to 6 students (17 yrs of age or older)
- Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off.)
- We provide: moral support and great company
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (available on Ravelry or in the store) and your fingering weight yarn (designed for 2 (3) skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Loft), 32” circular needles in US4, and stitch markers. Don’t forget that we always offer 15% off class supplies!
- Class length: 2 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof that you are up-to-date on COVID vaccination is required for in person class participation.**