Knitting Colorwork - The Boston Flip
We just love Thea Coleman aka Baby Cocktails and her latest pattern was one we felt adventurous beginner knitters that wanted to try colorwork would enjoy. The Boston Flip was designed as a gift for Thea's daughter, Maya, and her best friend, Olivia. The two of them will headed back to college this fall. Thea tossed in "all kinds of hopes and wishes, and thoughts into each stitch" for their first year of college. The pattern is rooted in tradition and features layers. The pattern is designed for worsted or bulky weight yarn. Two skeins (approx 130 yds per skein) will wield two hats that are the reverse of each other.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You can cast on, knit, purl and bind off. You know how to knit in the round. You don't need any colorwork experience - we'll cover that in class.
- We provide: The expertise.
- You bring: Yourself, your needles (size US9 16" circular needles), stitch markers, the pattern and approximately 260 yards of worsted or aran yarn (we recommend Jamieson's for a toothy yarn perfect for colorwork). We offer 15% off supplies purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 3 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**