Knitting Colorwork - The Boston Flip
We just love Thea Coleman (aka Baby Cocktails) and her pattern was one we felt adventurous beginner knitters that wanted to try colorwork would enjoy. The Boston Flip was designed for Thea's daughter, Maya, and her best friend, Olivia" as a gift for their first year of college. The pattern is rooted in tradition and features layers.
The pattern is designed for worsted or bulky weight yarn. Two skeins (approx 130 yds per skein) will yield two hats that are the reverse of each other.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You can cast on, knit, purl and bind off. You know how to knit in the round. You don't need any colorwork experience - we'll cover that in class.
- We provide: The expertise.
- You bring: Yourself, your needles (size US9 16" circular needles), stitch markers, the pattern and approximately 260 yards of worsted or aran yarn (we recommend Jamieson's for a toothy yarn perfect for colorwork).
- We offer 15% off supplies purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 3 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.