Knitting Colorwork - The Alkira Hat
Keep your top end cozy with this fun geometric patterned hat. Choose bright colors to stand out in the crowd, or muted tones for a neutral go-with-anything version. Worked in the round, the stranded colorwork is straightforward with both written and charted directions included in the pattern. You’ll learn how to decipher a chart and hold your yarn so you’re on the road to success.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: adventurous beginner/intermediate - you've knit a scarf and a hat. You know your knits from your purls and can knit in the round. You know how to cast off because you'll be doing that on your own.
- We provide: the expertise and notions!
- You bring: Yourself, a copy of the pattern (available in the store via Ravelry), pattern samples were knit in Quince & Co Chickadee (sport weight). You’ll need approximately: 181 yards/166 meters for the Main Color and the approximately 40 yards of 4 different Contrast Colors. You’ll also need US3 16” circular needles, a stitch marker, and US3 DPN’s to finish. Don’t forget that we offer 15% off all materials purchased for our classes.
- 2 1/2 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**