gather here classes
Kalle Shirt - next session
With a loose, body skimming silhouette and a number of interchangeable features, the Kalle Shirt & Shirtdress is the ultimate in chic, easy dressing. A popular pattern among gather here team members, you may have seen a variation on the last person who checked you out or lead your class. View A is cropped with a wide faced hem, View B is a tunic length shirt inspired by classic men's oxfords, and View C is a stylish shirtdress with a high-low hem. All versions feature a subtly curved yoke, kimono sleeves with arm cuffs, and a dramatically shaped hem. Personalize your Kalle with a standard or band collar, an optional breast pocket, an inverted or box pleat, and button, popover or hidden placket.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You are confident operating a sewing machine, you've successfully made at least a Scout tee, pj pants, and a skirt or joggers.
- We provide: The studio space, tracing paper, tools, machines, and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love and a copy of the pattern (available in the store - if you feel inclined to purchase this as a pdf you *must* tape your tiled pages together before you arrive).
- Fabric suggestions: Make a fluid, drapey Kalle with soft fabrics like linen, rayon, or gauze. Crisper fabrics like poplin, chambray, flannel and traditional shirtings will create a more structured silhouette. Yardage is dependent on your size, please see pattern for details.
- Also bring, coordinating thread, a 1/2 yard of lightweight interfacing. 1/2" shirt buttons (crop top = 5, tunic = 8, dress = 9, popover placket = 4)
- Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials for any of our classes!
- Class length: 3 hours per session for a total of 6 hours.