Inman Square 2nd Thursday - Cut Window Ornaments
gather here Class
Join us for our annual Second Thursday Make & Take Event! For the price of a tasty cocktail we've designed projects to introduce you to the wide open world of crafts. And you get to meet other folx in the community as well as the gather here team.
Our December event features cut away window ornaments and hand embroidery. In this 90 minute workshop, you'll learn how to cut and back your designs, embellish with embroidery, and stuff your ornament for dimension. We provide some basic patterns for your "window" or you can draw your own! Use this technique to make patches, appliqué, and more!Limited to 12 participants (12 yrs of age or older).
- Level: Beginner! Really! You don’t have to have any crafting skills.
- We provide: Tools, materials, and expertise.
- You bring: Yourself! And if you love what you make you can totally purchase tools and materials to make more!
- Class length: 90 minutes!
A Note from Virginia, owner of gather here and East Cambridge Business Association Executive Board Member: The City of Cambridge Community Development Department and the East Cambridge Business Association collaborated on the creation of Second Thursdays in Inman to encourage the community to support the local small businesses that are directly affected by the Inman Square Redesign Construction Project. Only through community attendance can these monthly events continue and only through community support can the locally-owned small businesses everyone raves about actually continue existing in your neighborhood. We encourage you to check out the various workshops and specials throughout Inman Square and go support the people that make your community special.
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.