Improv Letters (Online Only)
Make a statement. Share your message. Learn to piece improv letters and make your own statement quilt. Loosely based on the "Proverbial Quilt" pattern by Denyse Schmidt, this class will teach you how to improvise letters and develop your own signature style. We will explore techniques to achieve uniformity, how to make it scrappy, and how to finesse spacing and kerning. Join us and let your voice be heard.
Limited to 6 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Beginner and beyond, you've taken Sewing Basics or Patchwork Basics and can use a sewing machine
- We provide: the expertise and a tutorial.
- You bring: 4-5 fat quarters for the letters, 1 yard of contrasting fabric for the background
- Class length: 2 hours
Online participants will:
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.