Granny Cabin Quilt - meets twice
The Granny Cabin Quilt Pattern by Meghan Buchanan of Then Came June is a wonderful follow-up to Maritza Soto’s Color Theory lecture. Explore color and transparency and learn strip piecing.
The Granny Cabin Quilt Pattern is inspired by the simple patchwork of log cabin and granny square blocks. Instead of small piecing, this pattern utilizes strip piecing to speed up the process!
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: adventurous beginner/intermediate - you have successfully completed Quilting Basics and Patchwork 2. You know how to thread a machine, can sew a straight(ish) line, and are comfortable using a rotary cutter.
- We provide: the expertise and for in-person attendees use of the studio: thread, tools, and machines.
- You bring: A copy of the pattern (available in the store) and fabric you love! 10 colors and background color in yardage per size of quilt you are making (pattern includes crib, throw, and bed dimensions) - see pattern for details.
- Class length: 3 hours each session
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**