Flynn Jacket - meets twice
gather here Class
The Flynn jacket from In the Folds is a loose-fitting jacket designed for woven fabrics. With two different styles, it is the perfect layering piece for autumn and winter. Flynn features a wrap around collar, a high-low hem and in-seam pockets which are particularly cool because of the front curved seam. All seams are finished with bias binding, for a beautiful and high-end finish but if you would prefer to line the jacket we can totally do that! Make View A if you want sleeves or View B for a long vest (we recommend using the bias binding for View B).
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You've taken a garment construction class in the past - this is NOT your first garment.
- We provide: The studio space, pattern paper, tools, machines, and expertise.
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (available in the store), fabric you love (main fabric should be a heavier weight like canvas, drill, heavy linens, and denim), if you choose to line the jacket we recommend something lightweight like a rayon, lawn, or a double gauze, bias binding if you are finishing your seams - 1” single fold or make your own with lightweight cotton lawn/shirting using 3/4 yards, coordinating thread (these patterns LOVE top stitching and if you aren’t confident with your stitching choose a thread color that will disappear). Fabric yardage is dependent on your size.; we offer 15% off materials purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 3 hours each session for a total of 6 hours.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.