Floral Embroidery with Lauren Holton
gather here Class
Lauren (@larkrising) is a contemporary embroidery artist visiting from Seattle. She designs embroidery patterns for beginners, intermediate, and advanced level stitchers, focusing on floral/botanical, nature-based, and abstract designs. She believes that embroidery can be a practice that is both fun and meditative, allowing you to express your individual style through the color and textures of the fiber.
In this class we’ll stitch a lovely floral design that can be framed in the embroidery hoop provided, or removed and made into a project of your choosing. We’ll cover various types of fill stitches to create the petals and leaves of flowers, including special techniques that will allow you to rotate/change the angle of your stitches as you work, with the option of practicing French knots as well. We will also discuss embroidery basics, project prep, supply preferences, color selection, and tips for designing your own embroidery hoop art. You’ll go home with a partially finished piece with the knowledge and skills needed to complete the project at your leisure.
Limited to 12 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: This workshop is suitable for those with some previous embroidery experience or for those who are just beginning!
- We provide: One 5” embroidery hoop, fabric, needle, handout with bonus tips, instructions, and diagrams, and access to scissors while you work.
- You bring: yourself, embroidery thread in the colors of your choosing, which can be selected from the stock at Gather Here (attendees receive 15% off any Gather Here purchases on the day of the workshop).
- Class Length: Three hours
- Please note: There are NO store credits given at any time for classes with special guest instructors and artists. Your seat may be transferred to a friend if you cannot attend.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.