First Quilt - next session
gather here Class
Maritza designed a simple quilt that you’ll piece, make the back, baste, and quilt as well as bind. We really wanted a project that teaches all the steps but is sizable so you get accustomed to quilting in your home sewing machine. This quilt is quite forgiving and you’ll discover how simple it is to mix things up by just “flipping a strip”!Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: adventurous beginner/intermediate - you have successfully completed Quilting Basics and Patchwork 2 or equivalent.
- We provide: the pattern, expertise, thread, tools, and machines.
- You bring: 8 to 10 coordinating fat quarters for top. , 1 1/ 2 yards of cotton batting at 60” width, 1 3/4 yards of fabric for back, a 1/2 yard of fabric for the binding.
- If you opt to take this workshop online, you will need to pickup your supplies prior to the class session and have a working sewing machine. All instore classes require students and instructors to self-administer a health and wellness check and wear a mask during the workshop.
- Class length: 3 hours each session for a total of 6 hours.
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.