February BT Sample of the Month KAL
Each month we’ll have a BT sample on display and a discount for the yarn and pattern so you can knit the project along with us.
February we'll be exploring the Grove Mittens!
Inspired by old-growth forests and hinterland thickets, the Grove mittens feature intricate twisted stitches to create a visually engaging relief pattern.
The wandering vines on the hand do not require cabling, but are instead shaped by carefully-placed yarn overs and decreases. Knit a pair in Arbor to let the stitches sing proudly, or in Shelter for a subdued effect that mimics moss-covered brambles.
Limited to 6 students (17 yrs of age or older)
- Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off.)
- We provide: moral support and great company
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (available on Ravelry or in the store) and your DK or worsted weight yarn (designed for 2 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Arbor or 2 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter), 32” circular needles or double pointed needles in sizes appropriate for your yarn weight, and stitch markers. Don’t forget that we always offer 15% off class supplies!
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.