Ebony Shirt or Dress
An elegant basic featuring a fluidly draped silhouette, the Ebony Tee is a versatile wardrobe staple you’ll want to wear every day. Make a swingy knit dress or modern cropped top, with your choice of scoop or jewel neckline, and long or 3/4 sleeves. For the ultimate leggings companions, make an Ebony tunic, with a cascading hem and short raglan sleeves. All necklines are finished with a knit band.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Advanced Beginner/Intermediate. You have taken serger basics or the equivalent. You have made clothing in the past but maybe this is your first foray into knits.
- We provide: The studio space, sergers, tools, 1/4 elastic for shoulder seams, and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love! Recommended fabrics are: light to medium-weight knits with at least 30% crosswise stretch or for a more structural garment try ponte. Your total yardage is totally dependent on your size and style (above the knee, below the knee, to your ankles), coordinating thread for topstitching (we’ll provide serger thread for putting the garment together, and a copy of the pattern (available in the store).
- Class length: this is an intensive and is scheduled for 5 hours! You might want to walk away at the half way point of class and grab an ice cream.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**