Dotted Ray Shawl KAL - meets 3 times
gather here Class
We are huge fans of Stephen West and love a good KAL. This arched shawl begins at the center with only a few stitches while yarn over increases quickly expand the shape. Garter stitch short row wedges add length to one side forming rays that gradually increase in size. The repetitive knit stitches and rhythmic short rows are easy to work while still keeping your interest, a perfect travel project! Built in I-cord edges and an I-cord bind off outline the entire shape for a clean finish. Choose one yarn or use different stash and scrap yarns for a striped effect.
Limited to 6 students (17 yrs of age or older)
- Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off.)
- We provide: moral support and great company
- You bring: This KAL is free if you purchase your pattern and yarn in store. A copy of the pattern (available in the store), approximately 720-1200 yards of fingering weight weight yarn (may we suggest Madeline Tosh Light, Swans Island Sterling, or one of the local fingering weight yarns), needles to achieve gauge, and stitch markers.
- Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials for any of our classes.
- Class length: 2 hours per class for a total of 6 hours. Meets every other Thursday.