Desert Queen Sweater - next session
gather here Class
We love Kelbourne Woolens Mojave and with the temperatures rising we thought a tank would be a great project for June and July.Designed by Meghan Kelly, Desert Queen is worked in pieces from the bottom up. The back features a garter border and A-line shaping. Short rows shape the shoulders. The Front is worked in the same manner as the back through the A-line shaping, and then an eyelet pattern is worked on the front yoke.
Once the fronts are complete, the shoulders are joined with a 3-Needle Bind Off, and the sides are seamed. Stitches are picked up at the neck and armholes, one round is worked, and then stitches are bound off for a clean edge.Limited to 5 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off. You are not intimidated by fingering weight yarn and feel confident increasing and decreasing.
- We provide: moral support and great company
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (available instore) and your dk weight yarn (designed for Mojave a cotton/linen blend), 16” circular needles in a size 3, 24" size 3 and 4 plus 4 locking stitch markers and a darning needle. Don’t forget that we always offer 15% off class supplies!
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours each session.
Online participants will:
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
You can read gather here's class policies (if you're interested)!