EEK! STEEKS! - two sessions
Gear up for winter! Get over your fear of steeking: cutting your knitting! This traditional technique for knitting colorwork is not as scary as it sounds and makes stranded knitting much much easier. These charming colorwork pulse warmers offer so many learning opportunities. You'll learn stranded knitting in the round, carrying yarn, and yarn dominance in the first session. During the second session we'll cut our knitting open (steeking) using 2 different methods. Then we'll pick up stitches to work button bands.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You are confident casting on, knitting and purling, and you think steeking sounds cool.
- We provide: The expertise, a copy of the pattern
pattern by Hello Yarn!
- You bring: US0 or US1 dpns or long circular needles for magic loop. Yarn MUST be NON-superwash wool, we recommend Jamieson’s Spindrift. You will also need 4 5/8-3/4” buttons. Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials purchased for one of our classes!
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours each session for a total of 5 hours. You will have to complete your cuffs prior to the 2nd session!
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**