CMQG - Heather Jones Workshop
gather here Class
Thanks to the Cambridge Modern Quilt Guild, Heather Jones will be teaching her popular workshop, "Inspiration to Design".
Bring your inspiration to life as you create a one of a kind unique quilt pattern. Work with Heather to create a quilt pattern that is inspired by something you have seen: an old building, a water tower, the sunset, etc. In this class, we’ll be using a photograph of your inspiration as a starting point and will create a quilt design based on that inspiration. Heather will guide you through the process of sketching, designing pattern pieces, calculating yardage and construction methods, creating a color palette, and fabric selection. You’ll leave the class with a complete pattern that is ready to be constructed in your home studio.
Note: there is no sewing in this workshop. This is a 7 hour workshop with a lunch break.
- learn how to translate visual inspiration into sketchbook drawings
- learn how to design a block or quilt based on their inspiration
- learn how to calculate yardage for pattern pieces
- create their own unique quilt pattern
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.