Carbeth Cardigan - meets four times
gather here Class
A cropped cardigan with simple lines and a structured ribbed collar is a speedy and straight-forward knit. The cardigan is knitted from the bottom up, and begins with an inch of rib, after which it is worked straight to the underarms (length can be added here to make the cardigan less cropped, if required). Two sleeves are worked, then body and sleeves are joined together to be worked in one piece. The yoke is shaped by decreasing stitches at an even rate from the body only, and, when the correct depth is reached, the stitch count is reduced further for the neck. Button bands are worked, then the neck rib is picked up, folded over and joined to the inside of the garment. Finally, an i-cord bind off and i-cord buttonholes add a neat finish to the front edges.
Limited to 6 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You can cast on, knit, purl and bind off, and aren't afraid of directions like "K2tog, SSK".
- We provide: Measuring tapes, measurement charts, and the expertise.
- You bring: Yourself, a copy of the pattern (available in the store), appropriate yarn and needles per the pattern (a DK held double or a bulky yarn is best - we love this sweater in Brooklyn Tweed’s Quarry); we offer 15% off all supplies for our classes. Please wear fitted clothing to the first class so we can take accurate measurements.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours – meets four times (November 27th, December 4th, 18th, and January 1st)
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.