gather here classes
Building Blocks Dress- next session
A Pattern Alteration Workshop that meets 4 times
Imagine it! Make it! Use the techniques we learn in this book to make any pattern just a starting point because you'll have the skills to customize a pattern for you or someone you love. In graduate school, Virginia learned to make quarter size garments so if you don't have a small human to sew for, think of this as your quarter size project. A great way to learn pattern alterations without tons of yardage.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Advanced. You have successfully completed a number of clothing construction classes and are confident using measuring devices and a sewing machine.
- We provide: the studio space, tools, machines and expertise.
- You bring: A copy of the The Building Block Dress (book available in the store) and the pattern drafting kit (contains a french curve, mini clear ruler, pounce wheel, washi tape, swedish tracing paper, tailor's chalk).
- We offer 15% off materials purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 3 hours each session. Meets 4 times.
- Instructor: Virginia Johnson