Be the Change Kick Off Event with Lady Dye
gather here Class
On Sunday, November 17, 2019, we are kicking off Diane Ivey's (aka Lady Dye Yarn) Be the Change Tour. Diane has long felt that the craft community could benefit from in-person conversations about racism and inclusion in craft as well as what is happening nationally. Diane is aiming to visit 20 shops before the 2020 election and we are pleased to be her starting location.
gather here is owned by a Filipina-American woman, the daughter of a Filipina immigrant and a first generation college graduate from rural Iowa. Her identity has played a defining role in how gather here approaches social justice as well as how she runs her small business. Virginia is incredibly honored that Diane approached her to throw the kickoff event and is excited to participate in this important discussion.
What you can expect at this two hour event:
- A panelist of folx that Diane has brought together because of their perspective on diversity and inclusion
- An opportunity to engage with Diane and her panelists in a judgement-free space.
- You can totally bring your knitting/crochet/hand-quilting/embroidery - many of the people involved in this event are makers and will be working with their hands.
- The cost is free but seating is limited. We encourage you to help crowdfund Diane's tour - you'll get a button and depending on your donation so much more!
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.