BAMI Quilt Block
We are hosting a free workshop with the founder of the Boston Area Mask Initiative, Stephanie Cave, who will lead you through the cutting and stitching of this scrappy block. Boston Area Mask Initiative is organizing a Quilt Block Challenge open to all mask makers. We envision creating a quilt to commemorate the countless hours of work from the scraps of our mask making. Create one or two 8.5 x 8.5” blocks with a diagonal stripe pattern made entirely from mask scraps. Finished blocks can be delivered to any of the drop-off locations. This workshop can be attended online or in-person. Meet other mask makers and help us create something awesome!
Can't make the workshop? You can find instructions here.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous Beginner - you can operate a sewing machine (obviously, because you've been making masks!)
- We provide in our studio: The space, tools, machines, thread, and expertise.
- You bring: Scraps from your mask making!
- Class length: 2 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**