Badass Stitcher, Shannon Downey, has asked for submissions for her Badass HERstory project - a collection of 1 Million!!!! fiber pieces 13”x13” in size that share YOUR story. We are kicking things off by hosting a stitch-a-long because encouraging you to tell your story is really important to all of us at gather here. And supporting Shannon’s work is also way important. We can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
Limited to 10 participants (16 yrs of age or older).
- Level: Adventurous Beginner - you have some skill threading a needle.
- We provide: random embroidery floss, stitch dictionaries, and expertise.
- You bring: your fabric - a fat quarter is perfect for this!, an embroidery needle, a 8 - 12” embroidery hoop, a notebook or sketchbook to work out your ideas - we’ll also have some graph paper should you want to cross stitch, and a pencil. You can bring embroidery floss if you have specific colors in mind. Don’t forget that we offer 15% off all supplies for any of our workshops!
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**