August Year of Hats KAL
gather here Class
Remember the Year of Mittens? Well, it’s time for hats! And we want to help you explore all kinds of knitting techniques by hosting a Year of Hats KAL all year long. Let's knit the July Hat (yeah, we know we are knitting it in August but funny enough, Kelbourne Woolens is releasing their hat pattern the day after classes launch.)
The July hat is a sweet little break from summertime schedule madness. An easy-to-memorize stitch pattern produces a cute and functional end result, and your mid-December head will be thanking your mid-July hands for thinking ahead to cooler temps. The July Hat is worked in the round from the bottom up. After working the ribbed brim, increases are worked for the body. The body is worked in a large graphic triangle pattern, and integrated decreases shape the crown. Both charted (p.4) and written instructions are provided.
Because we want maximum participation we are having a little contest. Join us for all 12 KAL’s, complete all 12 hats, and you will WIN a sweater’s worth of Kelbourne Woolen’s Germantown in the color way of your choice! Plus other cool stuff. What? You don’t need 12 hats? Well there are lots of people that could use a hat in New England (and even with spring approaching winter won’t be far behind). So make that hat and we’ll make sure it goes to someone in need.
Limited to 6 students (17 yrs of age or older)
- Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off.)
- We provide: moral support and great company
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (it’s a free download on Ravelry) and your worsted weight yarn (designed for Germantown!), 16” circular needles in US5 and 7 plus US7 DPN’s for finishing, stitch markers, and a size G crochet hook. Finish you hat in class and we'll use our pompom makers for the perfect pompom! Don’t forget that we always offer 15% off class supplies!
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.