August Year of Bulky Hats KAL
Remember the Year of Mittens, Hats, and Gifts? It was ages ago, before the pandemic. Good news though, we're gonna knit bulky hats in 2022! And we want to help you explore all kinds of knitting techniques by hosting a Year of Bulky Hats KAL all year long.
Patterns will release on the first Friday of each month: August's hat is the Midvale designed by Kate Gagnon Osborn. The Midvale features a two stitch garter panel paired with a four stitch left leaning cable, making a classic and cozy accessory. Worked in the round from the bottom up, the ribbing beautifully transitions into the cable pattern that begins with integrated increases. Once the body of the hat is worked, integrated decreases shape the crown. The hat is finished off with a big pompom.
Because we want maximum participation we are having a little contest. Join us for all 12 KAL’s, complete all 12 hats, and you will WIN a bag of Kelbourne Woolen’s Germantown Bulky in the color way of your choice! Plus other cool stuff. What? You don’t need 12 hats? Well there are lots of people that could use a hat in New England. So make that hat and we’ll make sure it goes to someone in need.Limited to 6 students (17 yrs of age or older)
- Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off.)
- We provide: moral support and great company
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (it’s a free download on Ravelry) and 123 yards of bulky weight yarn (designed for Germantown Bulky!). Wait - would you like the kit? You can pick one up in store or buy it online starting August 5th! Finish your hat in class and we'll use our pompom makers for the perfect pompom! Don’t forget that we always offer 15% off class supplies!
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**