Astra Hat - next session
gather here Class
Perfect for fast gift knitting, the Astra hat comes in four sizes and the matching cowl is easily adjusted for a custom fit. Choose contrasting colors, create a gradient or bold variation with speckles or solids, or have some fun and use up your favorite DK leftovers for the slip-stitch two-color section.
Learn twisted ribbing, become more comfortable slipping stitches, and get the hang of decreased rounds to complete this hat. You can use some of these techniques to create a matching cowl as well!
Limited to 5 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: adventurous beginner/intermediate - you've knit a scarf and a basic hat. You know your knits from your purls and can knit in the round.
- We provide: the expertise and pom-pom makers!
- You bring: Yourself, a copy of the pattern (available in the store), pattern samples were knit in Madeline Tosh DK. You’ll need approximately: Color 1: 100 (110, 120, 130) yd/92 (101, 110, 119) m, Color 2: 35 (40, 45, 50) yd/32 (37, 42, 46) m, optional Pom-Pom: 70 yd/64 m. US6 16” circular needles and US6 DPN for small circumference knitting, and 10 (11, 12, 13) stitch markers. Don’t forget that we offer 15% off all materials purchased for our classes.
- 2 1/2 hours per session for a total of 5 hours. You should knit between sessions!
You can register here
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.