- Embroidery & Cross Stitch
- Gift Cards
- Sewing Machines
The focus of this yarn is on the natural beauty of the alpaca fiber. Ameripaca is a 4-ply light worsted yarn spun from 100% alpaca, which has been completely sourced from small, independent alpaca farmers from around the United States. The alpaca fleeces go through minimal processing from farm to yarn, since there is no dye whatsoever needed in making these beautiful colors.
Perfect for cold weather garments or accessories, Ameripaca has a silky smooth feel and a beautiful drape when knit. The fibers also have a natural shine similar to a cultivated silk that give it a beautiful glow. Over time Ameripaca knits or woven fabric will “bloom” and develop a super fine and soft halo that gives them the irresistible quality of being the garment or blanket that you always reach for.
This yarn occasionally contains some residual vegetable matter from the farm (yes, it’s that fresh). It is easy to pick out while knitting or weaving.
- Content: 100% American Alpaca
- Weight: 100 grams (3.5oz), #3, Light Worsted
- Length: 200 yards
- Gauge: 24 sts & 34 rows in a 4 x 4” square knit on size US 6 (4 mm) needles.
- Suggested Needle Size: US 5 to 7 (3.75 to 4.5 mm)
- Suggested Hook Size: US 7 to I-9 (4.5 to 5.5 mm)
- Care: Hand wash gently in lukewarm water using a mild (bleach free) detergent.
More Echoview Fiber Mill