All State Shirt - next session
gather here Class
Swagger like a rebel to the ball park in this short sleeve boxy shirt, best worn casual in cotton or linen. Inspired by the American style of the fifties. Features a one piece collar, patch pocket, back yoke, short sleeves and short side splits. This is a great project for the intermediate stitcher looking for a challenge but not too much of challenge. You'll learn to read a commercial pattern, trace and possibly, grade the pattern, lay out and cut out the garment and then stitch it all together.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You know how to thread a machine, sew a straight line and wind a bobbin. This is NOT your first garment. You are excited about making buttonholes.
- We provide: The studio space, tracing paper, tools and expertise.
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (available in-store or online), fabric you love (yardage is based on your measurements, refer to pattern), and coordinating thread (there is top stitching so please bring a thread color you LOVE). Don't forget that we offer 15% off all supplies for any of our classes. Suitable fabrics include shirting, lawn, light chambray, linen, and seersucker.
- Class length: 3 hours per session for a total of 9 hours.
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.