11oz Detroit Denim
Mid – heavy weight denim, in classic indigo. Can be used for an array of patterns where a heavier weight fabric is required.
This denim will continue to soften and lighten slightly upon continual washing.
- 100% Cotton
- 366gsm or 11 oz/yd²
- Approximate fabric width: 59" [150cm] wide.
This is an deadstock fabric. Deadstock fabric is excess fabric from fashion designers, movie sets, and fabric mills that is no longer needed for the job it was originally intended for. It is not reorderable, so when it’s gone, it’s really gone!Washing denim: We recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.
More Merchant & Mills : Fabrics-Patterns -Notions - Scissors + Snips
More Chambrays + Denims - more Cotton Fabrics