Martha Dress Pattern
The Martha dress is a contemporary update on the fit-and-flare style. It features a high neckband, flattering princess seam panels, a bias-cut flared skirt and closes with an invisible zip at centre back. Choose from short sleeves or three-quarter length bell sleeves, with knee-length or mini hemline. It's great for twirling!
Wear Martha to work or to play, with sunglasses and wedges in the Summer, or with knitted tights and boots in the winter.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Recommended FabricLight- to medium-weight fabrics, such as viscose (rayon), silk or polyester crêpe de chine, cotton lawn, chambray, broderie anglaise, double knit with a little stretch, lighter weight wool. Avoid directional prints as the skirt is cut on the bias (at an angle). How about adding a lace trim to the bodice or piping the princess seams?
- Fabric - Mini length – 2.9m (3 1/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide / 3.5m (3 7/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide; Knee length – 3.4m (3 3/4 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide / 4.2m (4 5/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide (0.2m / ¼ yard less for short sleeve version)
- Matching thread
- 56cm (22in) invisible zip
- 0.25m (1/4 yard) iron-on interfacing – similar weight to your fabric
- For collar: 1 rounded or fabric-covered button + elasticated hair band or 8cm (3in) piece of narrow ribbon
- Sewing machine and basic tools, including an invisible zip foot
More Tilly & The Buttons Ltd.
More Sewing Patterns