Organic Indian Cotton, Neon Tokyo
A unique black ikat weave with a white, orange and red spot motif.
Ikat is a resist dyeing technique where the threads used for weaving are dyed beforehand. The Ikat threads are bound in a pattern so that the threads covered by the binding ‘resist’ the dye, creating a design. The more binding done before weaving, the more complicated the pattern.
Suitable for dresses, tops, shirts, and looser fitting trousers or shorts.
- 100% Cotton
- Approximate width: 44" (112cm)
- Approximate motif size 5 x 5cm
- Wash at 30/40 degrees, with a non bio detergent on a low spin.
- For the first couple of washes, place the fabric in the washing machine drum at 30 or 40 degrees with a handful of table salt. This will help fix the dye to prevent it running.
- Ikat cloths are prone to slubs and often have ties in the cloth where one weaver ends and another begins, the ties will be on the wrong side of the cloth and we will endeavor to point this out on your packing slip if we see any. These are not flaws.
More Merchant & Mills : Fabrics-Patterns -Notions - Scissors + Snips
More Cotton Fabrics