Gild The Lily Embroidery Kit
More is more. When you take something that is already beautiful and add more to it, it's called "gilding the lily" or "painting the lily", as per Shakespeare. When I first stitched this pattern, I started with just lime green and black, but them I wondered how it would look in my classic emerald green. Those two options went out into the world for my wonderful customers to decide, but it was a split decision! And there were many calls for "both". So I stitched it AGAIN with both colours, and even added a little red, and voila! A pattern that breaks all the rules. You can simplify and use all one colour, or go for it and add all three for your own personal design. This one's fancy ;) And BTW, it was almost named after a pet red and white fish I had as a child that was named Ish. Ish the Fish.LEVEL:Ambitious Beginner Friendly
Included in the kit:
- pre-printed pattern on unbleached cotton fabric
- 15cm (6”) embroidery hoop
- embroidery floss
- embroidery needle
- stitch guide
- All of Hook, Line & Tinker’s embroidery illustrations are original and designed by artist and owner Laurie Dolhan by hand, beginning with a simple number 2 pencil and a sketchbook.
- Each kit is packed by hand. Packaging is designed to be lightweight and compact to reduce environmental impacts via shipping, and paper, including recycled paper, have been used rather than single use plastics.
- Need another reason to feel good about buying from Hook, Line & Tinker? 5% of profits are donated to help women and children experiencing homelessness.
- The fabric included is unbleached cotton with its own naturally perfect imperfections.
- Colours may appear differently on displays.
- Designs and instructions are for personal use only and cannot be resold or redistributed except by express permission.
More Hook, Line & Tinker embroidery kits
More Embroidery & Cross Stitch Kits