Sparrow Quilt - meets twice
gather here Class
The Sparrow Pattern by Lindsey of Pen + Paper is a block-based quilt pattern that is great for an advanced beginner as well as the more experienced stitcher. You can make this as color-coordinated as you want but Lindsey also provides the fabric requirements should you want to make a scrappy version using that stash of fat quarters.
In the first class we'll cut our fabric and piece a block so you learn the basics of creating the "sparrow" and can make more between sessions. In the second class we'll piece our blocks (whatever you've completed) to create your quilt top.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: adventurous beginner/intermediate - you have successfully completed Quilting Basics and Patchwork 2. You know how to thread a machine, can sew a straight(ish) line, and are comfortable using a rotary cutter.
- We provide: the expertise and for in-person attendees use of the studio: thread, tools, and machines.
- You bring: A copy of the pattern (available in store or online). You'll also need fabric you love! The pattern is designed to be 65 1/2" x 71" - you will need 3 1/2 yards of background fabric (this includes the bird's eye), 1/2 yard for beak and tail, 1/2 yard of three colors for the body, and a 1/2 for the half square triangles. You need more fabric for binding and backing and obviously, quilt batting.
- Class length: 3 hours each session
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.