- Embroidery & Cross Stitch
- Gift Cards
- Sewing Machines
Ranch 02: Forbes
- 100% American Rambouillet Wool | 21.0 microns
- 3-ply worsted weight | woolen-spun
- 102 yards | approx. 50 grams
- 4¼ – 5 stitches to 1" | Suggested Needles: 4.5 – 5.5 mm (US 7–9)
About Ranch 02: Forbes is the newest release in our line of ranch- and breed-specific wool yarns. This limited edition yarn originated from 100% American Rambouillet sheep on the Forbes Ranch near Kaycee, Wyoming where the Forbes family has lived and ranched for three generations. The Forbes family takes pride in raising healthy sheep with exceptional wool while sustainably managing their pastureland.
Since Ranch 02 is a small-batch yarn, when it’s gone, it’s gone. If a colorway is calling your name, we encourage you to answer the call!
About the Yarn
Three-ply, worsted-weight and woolen-spun, Ranch 02: Forbes is a testament to connection: connection between the land, the sheep, the ranchers, and the artisan craftspeople who shepherded the fiber along its 100% American supply chain.
Once shorn, the 100% Rambouillet wool traveled to Crescent Woolen Mills in Two Rivers, Wisconsin where it was woolen-spun and plied into arobust, worsted-weight yarn that retains plenty of the fiber's original lightweight and squishy softness.
After spinning, the wool for Ranch 02: Forbes went to Caledonian Dye Works in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to be dyed in a warm, earthy palette evocative of the rugged landscape from which it came.100% American supply chain:
- Sourced from the Forbes Ranch near Kaycee, Wyoming
- Spun by Crescent Woolen Mills in Two Rivers, Wisconsin
- Dyed by Caledonian Dye Works in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
About the Sheep Breed
Rambouillet sheep are hardy animals known for their resilience and superior fleece. Durable, elastic and soft enough to wear against the skin, Ranch 02: Forbes makes for long-wearing garments and accessories that will look good and feel luxurious for years to come.
Hand wash with cold water.
- Fill a sink or basin with cold water and submerge the fabric in water, gently squeezing out any air bubbles so that the piece can remain under water without being held there.
- Soak work for 10 minutes, allowing fabric to become completely saturated.
- Remove excess moisture by rolling your fabric between clean, dry towels with light pressure.
- Lay fabric flat and shape to air dry.
More Brooklyn Tweed