Sasha Trousers Pattern
The Sasha Trousers are a polished wardrobe staple. Featuring classic tailored details, a flattering mid-rise with a contour waistband, slim, tapered leg and a comfortable stretch fit, these are wear-everywhere pants that can easily move from day to night.
View A is a full-length pant with slashed hip pockets and a slimming pocket stay along the front, and single welt pockets at the back. View B is cropped, and omits all pockets for a sleek, clean silhouette. Both views can be sewn with optional belt loops, a hidden closure and pressed leg crease.
2-way stretch woven fabrics with at least 20% crosswise stretch (or 2-3% lycra), such as stretch denim, twill, suiting & gabardine.
Cotton lining for pockets (0.75 yd/0.7 m for 58” wide fabric, 1 yd/0.9 m for 45” wide fabric)
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS (45"/1.14M FABRIC)
0-14 = 2.75yd / 2.5m, 16-20 = 3.75 yd / 2.5m
0-14 = 2.5yd/2.3m, 16-20 = 3.5yd / 3.2m
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS (58"/1.5M FABRIC)
0-8 = 1.75yd / 1.6m, 10-14 = 2yd / 1.85m, 16-20 = 2.75yd / 2.5m
0-8 = 1.55yd/1.4m, 10-14 = 1.75yd / 1.6m, 16-20 = 2.5yd / 2.3m
- Fusible interfacing (0.5 yd/0.45m for 58” wide interfacing, 1 yd/0.9m for 20” wide interfacing)
- Pants zipper: sizes 0-4 = 5” (13 cm) long, sizes 6-20 = 7” (18 cm) long. Longer zippers can easily be trimmed to fit
- 1/2” (13mm) sew-in hook & bar closure for pants - can substitute with regular 5/8” (16mm)button
- One 5/8” (16mm) button for inside waistband
- Marking tool
- Polyester thread
- Optional: 1 yard double fold bias tape for finishing waistband (may be replaced with serged stitch or fold)
- Optional: tailors ham, for pressing back darts and crotch seams
More Closet Core Patterns
More Sewing Patterns